The ColoHealth $500 Essay Scholarship
Colohealth strongly encourages most young adults to pursue higher education and a college degree. Competition in the global job market is more competitive than ever, making it important to take advantage of every opportunity to learn and improve yourself so you can become more valuable to the world and have a greater impact.
College is more than simply getting a degree – it also means learning basic skills you’ll need throughout your lifetime. Skills such as self-discipline, working well with others, maintaining a budget, and balancing work and family are crucial and lead to a better quality of life.
At Colohealth, we also believe young adults should be aware of social issues affecting our country, including one of the most important and most talked about subjects – health care. Having access to quality medical care can certainly improve long-term health and longevity. However, most modern chronic diseases are lifestyle related, and modern medicine rarely offers a cure.
$500 Scholarship Essay Contest
is proud to announce our Scholarship Essay Contest, in which a $500 scholarship will be awarded to one student who writes the best essay discussing ideas that can encourage price transparency and competition among healthcare providers. This scholarship award can be used for any purpose the winner feels necessary to further their education.
HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION
- Plans approved and authorized under the Affordable Care Act
- Covers Pre-Existing conditions
- Low cost subsidized plans available to those earning
< 400% of the federal poverty level
- Unlimited lifetime benefits
- Available during open enrollment (November 1 – January 15), or if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
HEALTH COST-SHARING INFORMATION
- Not health insurance, but a way for like-minded individuals to share medical expenses
- Waiting periods on pre-existing conditions
- May exclude sharing for certain conditions or activities
- Enroll any time
- Much lower monthly cost than unsubsidized health insurance