Authorize Your ColoHealth Personal Benefits Manager on the Marketplace
After you create your profile on the Connect for Health Colorado marketplace, you need to authorize Colohealth as your certified agent. This only takes a few seconds, and it’s required before your Personal Benefits Manager can help you choose your new plan and help you with any issues regarding getting your policy issued.
There is absolutely no charge for this service and it allows your Personal Benefits Manager to provide you with any guidance or resources you need–before, during, and after enrollment.
To select your certified agent, just follow a few simple steps.
✓ Go to “Get Assistance” in the upper-righthand corner.
✓ Select “Find Expert Assistance in Your Community.”
✓ Select “Find a Broker” under Help from a Broker to select Colohealth.
✓ Enter either “Colohealth” in the broker/agency name field or “132717” in the state license number field, click the “search” button.
✓ Select Colohealth.
✓ Click “Authorize Agency.”
This is one of the most critical steps in the process.
When you authorize Colohealth to be your insurance agent, you are eligible for assistance from Colohealth’s expert Personal Benefits Managers without any additional cost to you. We can help you determine if you are eligible for premium tax credits and work with you to set up a Health Savings Account (HSA), which could lower your adjusted gross income enough that you could qualify for a tax credit. Plus, because we are registered agents with Connect for Health Colorado, we can help you find the best insurance plan for your needs.
To see all of the steps to browsing and enrolling on the exchange, we’ve provided a complete overview of the process for you here.
HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION
- Plans approved and authorized under the Affordable Care Act
- Covers Pre-Existing conditions
- Low cost subsidized plans available to those earning
< 400% of the federal poverty level
- Unlimited lifetime benefits
- Available during open enrollment (November 1 – January 15), or if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
HEALTH COST-SHARING INFORMATION
- Not health insurance, but a way for like-minded individuals to share medical expenses
- Waiting periods on pre-existing conditions
- May exclude sharing for certain conditions or activities
- Enroll any time
- Much lower monthly cost than unsubsidized health insurance