Oscar Health Insurance
About Oscar Health Insurance
Founded in 2012, Oscar Health Insurance is available New York, New Jersey, California, Texas, Ohio, Tennessee, Arizona, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
With all plans, you pay nothing for generic drugs after meeting your deductible. Furthermore, a Doctor hotline called Doctor on Call is available to all members. This service offers you the opportunity to have a doctor call you within one hour – free of charge. Members also receive free preventive care through all plans – including flu shots, allergy care and birth control, among others. Monthly premiums and deductibles vary on state (New Jersey or New York), personal income and possible dependants.
Oscar Health is their proprietary healthcare application, available through iTunes and soon to be made available for Android devices. The application offers access to plan information, use of Doctor on Call, searchability for health care professionals as well as a symptom checker. This app also keeps track of your health care history.
Staying Active with Oscar
Oscar is passionate in encouraging their customers to stay fit and healthy. They offer a free MisFit Flash fitness tracker which, when synched with an Oscar application, will count your steps. When your daily goal is met, you will earn $1. Up to $240 per year is possible to earn.
Doctor on Call
Enables you to contact a U.S. Board Certified doctor with one click. It’s absolutely free to all Oscar members and unlimited. In this conversation, you can expect a doctor to advise you on your medical needs and even write prescriptions. At the conclusion of the call, doctor’s notes and prescription information is available online.
Oscar provides assistance in finding People, Places and Drugs. These include:
- People – Primary care, OB/GYN, Dermatologist
- Places – Urgent Care Clinic, Clinic, Laboratory
- Drugs – Search medications.
The Bronze Basic plan also comes in an HSA-qualified option, if you want to save for future medical expenses. You get to put money into a savings account that grows tax-deferred, and can be used tax-free for any medical expenses that qualify.
If you are interested in Friday Health Plans for this coming open enrollment period, give us a call at 800-913-6381. A ColoHealth representative is standing by to help you with anything you need.
HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION
- Plans approved and authorized under the Affordable Care Act
- Covers Pre-Existing conditions
- Low cost subsidized plans available to those earning
< 400% of the federal poverty level
- Unlimited lifetime benefits
- Available during open enrollment (November 1 – January 15), or if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
HEALTH COST-SHARING INFORMATION
- Not health insurance, but a way for like-minded individuals to share medical expenses
- Waiting periods on pre-existing conditions
- May exclude sharing for certain conditions or activities
- Enroll any time
- Much lower monthly cost than unsubsidized health insurance